So I whipped up a couple of recipes for a get-together we had to welcome my fiancee’s nephew back into town over the weekend. They were both well-received, but given that I had only a short amount of time to prepare these two recipes, there are no pictures of the cooking process this time (sorry guys). Also, sorry in advance for the metric measurements on the ingredients, but I am in Canada after all, and that’s how things are here… 🙂
The recipes in question are Mini Cheese Balls and Pesto & Roasted Red Pepper Dip.
Continue reading “Holiday Recipes: Two For One!”
So I bit the bullet and installed the RTM (Released To Manufacturing…the final codebase that will appear on the retail and OEM disks) version of Windows Vista. I was in on the beta test for Vista, so I got a legit version of the RTM release. So far, everything is good except for sound card issues.
Continue reading “Now showing: Windows Vista”
I’ve been going through my recipe collection the past few days, and I decided that with the holidays upon us, now would be a good time to cook up some holiday dishes, and post them for you guys. I can’t promise that they all will have pictures of each step like this first one, but all of the posts in this series are ones that I have prepared in my kitchen.
With no further ado, I give you Chocolate Brittle
Continue reading “Recipes For The Holidays: Chocolate Brittle”
So I got my media PC put together today. Had to swap out some hardware, but for the most part, everything worked great. There’s still a few things to fix up software-wise, but the basics of what I wanted it to do (play videos, music, etc) are working great. There were a few moments when I was severely pissed because all I could get on the TV was a black and white display, but a change of cables remedied that problem.
I’ll post some pictures on the Media Center page in the next few days.
So yeah. It looks like everything is now functional again. There were a few hours there where my RSS feed wasn’t working, but that should be fine now. The biggest pain in the ass however was figuring out how to change A records on DNS entries on my 1&1 webspace (an A record is what tells your computer that the server for xyz.com is actually 192.168.1.1 for example). Then, there’s the inevitable lag between the time you update the record and the time the new information is propagated through the DNS system (3-24 hours). Then, there’s the delay after you realize you messed up and gave the wrong IP address, so you have to go in and delete the old record, add a new one, and wait once again.
Tomorrow, I get into building my new media pc (go here for info on the box it will be running on)…I’ll keep you posted on the progress.
If you’re seeing this, then the DNS transfer has been completed, and my blog is now on it’s new host. There may be some lingering issues, but so far everything looks good. If you find any problems, drop me a line and let me know.